Information Security Analyst
We’re looking for Information Security Analysts who are passionate about security, with good knowledge of cyber security best practices.
If applying for this position, you should have at least 3-5 years working with the IT departments of local governments or businesses, large or small.
Job duties typically include planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data. Information security analysts are expected to stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches. They also are responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect a network.
Additional duties may include:
- Creating, testing and implementing network disaster recovery plans
- Performing risk assessments and testing of data processing systems
- Installing firewalls, data encryption and other security measures
- Recommending security enhancements and purchases
- Training staff on network and information security procedures
- Establishes system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements.
- Maintains access by providing information, resources, and technical support.
- Ensures authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements.
- Establishes computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities security; recommending improvements.
- Safeguards computer files by performing regular backups; developing procedures for source code management and disaster preparedness; recommending improvements.
- Develops security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- A degree in computer information systems, computer science, information security, or related fields
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of cybersecurity